Cucumber Avocado Chilled Soup
Since it’s been scorching HOT in the Vancouver area, what better idea than to cool down with a delicious bowl of cold soup? I am looking forward to making this recipe very soon :)- –K Davies
- 2 avocados
- 3 cups plain almond milk
- 2 hot house cucumbers, unpeeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh horseradish
- thinly slices of lemon, halved, for garnish
- fresh dill, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond milk, avocado, cucumbers, red onion, scallions, horseradish salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture in batches to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Or use an immersion blender.
- Process until the cucumbers are coarsely pureed. Fold in the dill, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until very cold.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice. Serve chilled, garnished with the lemon, and fresh dill.
Recipe sourced from www.soupmistress.com -Shannon Yelland