This spring, I’ll be keeping a refreshing pitcher of infused water in the refrigerator to keep hydrated. Berries, citrus fruits, and herbs transform filtered water into a delightful drink that will substitute any sugary lemonade or ice tea when the weather heats up.
If you are someone who struggles to drink the recommended daily intake of water, these naturally-flavoured waters are a great way to encourage you to take care of yourself. Plus, there are endless combination of fruit and herbs to keep inspired.
Here are some of my favourite combinations:
Strawberry, Lemon, Basil
- Chop 4-6 strawberries into quarters.
- Thinly slice half of a lemon.
- Small handful of scrunched basil leaves
- Add the strawberries, lemon and basil to a pitcher with ice and filtered water and give it a swirl with a wooden spoon.
Citrus and Cilantro
- Thinly slice a half of each of the following citrus fruits: lime, lemon, orange, and grapefruit.
- Pick off a small handful of cilantro leaves from their stems.
- Add the fruit and cilantro to a pitcher with ice and filtered water and stir with a wooden spoon.
Pineapple, Cucumber and Mint
- Chop a quarter of a fresh pineapple into small pieces.
- Thinly slice a cucumber.
- Pick a small handful of washed mint leaves, muddling them in your grasp.
- Add pineapple, cucumber and mint to your pitcher with a couple scoops of ice and filtered water.
- Mix the content with a wooden spoon.
Let your concoction chill in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours to properly infuse. While some citrus fruits infuse quickly, herbs may take longer to steep in the water. Once you get a taste of the flavour of infused water, experiment with different concoctions. Or, find more infused water recipe ideas here
Do you have a favourite infused water combination?