They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, mornings are the busiest time of the day since we need to get out the door to get to work on time or get started on our to-do list. Because of this, quick breakfast recipes are a real lifesaver!
This recipe requires a slow cooker, but you can easily modify this recipe for the stove. This recipe is a take on traditional oatmeal, using quinoa instead of oats. Quinoa is a more nutritious alternative because it is a complete protein and packed with fiber.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups milk (or almond milk)
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- Nuts, pumpkin seeds, honey, or dates as toppings (take your pick!)
How to make:
- Rinse quinoa with water in a colander.
- Throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker pot
- Cook on low for 8 hours so that your breakfast is ready in the morning.
- Warm up a bowl the next day for a quick morning meal.
Enjoy! Do you have any other morning short-cuts that help de-stress your mornings? Let us know in the comments.