Has this Monday been particularly tense? Take a minute out from your busy Monday to try this progressive relaxation exercise.
How to do the progressive relaxation exercise:
- Breathe in deeply through nose.
- Hold your breath while tensing your arms for 5 seconds.
- Release and exhale slowly through your mouth.
- Breathe in through your nose.
- Hold your breath again but this time tense your abdominal muscles for 5 seconds.
- Let go as you exhale slowly.
- Repeat as you move through the different muscle groups.
As you slowly tense and relax your body, focus on the present moment. Progressive relaxation will help you feel more grounded.
How was this exercise for you? Perhaps, you would rather try our square breathing exercise.