Are you planning on staying in this weekend with your Netflix? Instead of snacking on popcorn, try roasted chick peas.
Chick peas, also known as garbanzo beans, are a vegetarian source of protein. They are also rich in fiber, and provide a great source of manganese and folate. Roasted chick peas also make a great snack on-the-go or a salad topper.
To make roasted chick peas, you need:
- 1 can of chick peas, rinsed and dried using a paper towel
- Olive oil
- Your favourite spices. Try smoked paprika, garam masala, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, or anything else you might be tempted to use.
How to roast chick peas:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Toss your chick peas in some olive oil and spices in a bowl, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Spread your chick peas in one layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring them around every 10 minutes or so.
- Keep an eye on them after 20 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
Heat them while hot, or store them for later in an air-tight container. If you like this recipe for chick peas, check out our recipe for Black Bean and Yam Salad we posted about for the year of the pulse.