Gazpacho is a raw and cold soup, made with tomatoes and various vegetables. The recipe originated in the Andalusia region of Spain, and was originally blended with stale bread.
Gazpacho Soup is an ideal summer meal, with many variations on the classic recipe. Once the soup is made in advance, no re-heating is necessary. Simply serve and enjoy.
Here is a recipe for Classic Gazpacho Soup:
- 3 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and salt and pepper and blend.
- Add the olive oil in stages until the consistency is creamy.
- You can choose to strain the soup or serve as is.
- Chill the soup for half a day before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
What summer meals do you enjoy? Let us know in the comment section.