Who wants to bake in the middle of summer? Even if it’s been raining lately on the North Shore, no one wants to be slaving over a hot stove. No bake energy balls are great summer snacks to take with you on the road, to bring to your summer picnics, or a tasty afternoon snack to boost your energy.
How to make no bake energy balls:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or substitute carob chips or raisins)
- 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter (or substitute with your favourite nut butter)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Optional ingredients: toasted coconut, chia seeds, medjool dates, cinnamon.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Grab a small portion of the mixture and knead it into a small bowl.
- Place your energy balls into a container and store in the fridge or freezer
- Pop one in your both when you need a boost of energy!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com.
Do you have a favourite recipe that requires no baking? Tell us about it in the comment section.