With the crisp weather of fall, there is nothing I enjoy more than cozying up with a book and a hot beverage. Last year, I discovered a wonderful recipe for slow-cooker apple cider that quickly became a favourite fall treat. If you are having guests over and want something a little special, bookmark this recipe.
How to make slow-cooker apple cider:
- 4 litres of apple juice. (If you want to make the apple juice from scratch in the slow-cooker, check out this recipe from Gimme Some Oven.)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 orange, sliced
- Pour apple juice into your slow cooker.
- Cut oranges into large slices and push cloves into the peel around each slice.
- Add oranges, cinnamon sticks and sprinkle in allspice.
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours.
- Strain and serve.
When the slow-cooker is working its magic, the aromas of spices and apples will permeate the house. Take a moment to breathe it in!