The average person needs 8-10 hours sleep a day, so how do you ensure you get a good night’s sleep? Here are 10 tips that may help:
- Get out of bed at the same time every day. This sets the circadian rhythm.
- Nap for only 20 minutes, avoid naps initially.
- If you wake up groggy, you need to increase sleep time.
- Expose yourself to light in the morning, but avoid bright light before bed.
- Avoid exercising within 2 hours of going to bed.
- Avoid heavy evening meals.
- Avoid caffeine after 2 pm, or at the latest 5 pm (varies from person to person).
- Set up calming pre-bed ritual: bath, reading, calming music, herbal tea, meditation, stretching.
- Don’t keep a TV in your bedroom.
- Avoid electronics at least 1 hour before bed.
Hope these tips help. Sweet dreams everyone!