We have now officially made it through the bulk of the holiday season. At this point, you may be feeling quite depleted in energy, especially if you have hosted a big family dinner last night. The best thing you can do this week is allow yourself some time to restore.
10 things to do today to allow yourself time to restore:
- Allow yourself some rest time by wearing your pyjamas all day, sleeping until you wake up, or letting yourself lay on the couch with a book.
- Disconnect from your phone and email for at least one day. If you are taking time off work, you want to make sure that you restore in time for your return
- Inspire yourself to eat well by making a healthy, delicious meal.
- Practice some gratitude by handwriting thank-you notes to loved ones.
- Commit to a few self-care appointments in January, like a massage or a hair cut.
- Spend some time reflecting on some intentions for the new year.
- Do some gentle yoga or Tai chi exercises, especially if you have been thrown off your normal fitness routine. Or take a nice, relaxing stroll out of doors.
- Instead of drinking festive drinks, drink the recommended daily intake of 8 glasses of water in a day.
- Make an appointment with a counsellor or close friend to decompress after the holidays, especially if it has been especially trying.
- Mindfully do some household chores to get back on track. Nothing makes me feel back on track as much as a full fridge, sparkling floors, and clean sheets.
What is the best way to restore for you? We’d love to hear your tips and tricks in our comment section.