Did you know that some foods have cognitive-boosting properties? We like to call them brain foods! Certain foods help the brain remember and improve its cognitive functioning. These foods can help reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease as well.
Here are 6 cognitive-boosting foods to eat more:
- Wild Salmon – The omega-3 fatty acids in wild salmon help to improve memory and focus.
- Walnuts – As a quick snack full of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, walnuts help to enhance mental alertness. The vitamin E in walnuts helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Bone Broth – Bone broth has received so much attention lately and for good reason. It is healing in part due to its amino acid content; Proline and glycine boost our memory.
- Black Currant – The anthocyanins and vitamin C in black currant heighten concentration and mental alertness. At the same time, they reduce mental stress and fatigue so that you can endure mentally draining activities for longer.
- Avocadoes – Avocadoes are a super food because of their high content levels of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, among other nutrients. All of these contribute to brain function. Avocadoes have also been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease among those who eat them regularly.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is chock full of vitamin K which greatly benefits brain activity.
If you would like to learn more about brain-boosting foods, see this article.