“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.”
– Lao Tzu
Letting go is a choice that we make to free ourselves of unmet expectations and idealist notions of how something should be. It is about embracing what is, rather than clinging to what we want to happen.
Letting go is also about stopping our attempts to control of a circumstance, a person, or an outcome. It is radical acceptance.
We need to let go of many situations in our life. Bitterness and resentment can grab a hold of us if we do not actively let go of these emotions. We stay in toxic relationships, we remain in dysfunctional situations when we do not let go. As you become aware of the need to let go, consciously make the effort to release your feelings and focus on the present and your own well-being (here are some ideas from Tiny Buddha!) .
Here are 9 affirmations to recite when you need to let go:
- I let go of situations that do not serve me to make room for opportunities that will fuel me.
- I let go of the need to control and I allow the moment to happen.
- I let go of the need to judge others and focus on my own happiness.
- I release my emotions as a way of letting go.
- I let go of the past and focus on the present moment.
- I let go of the need to control others and the stress that accompanies this need.
- By forgiving others, I become free.
- I let go of the past and I am free to move forward with my life.
- I honour my emotions by expressing and releasing them.
Do you have any tips for letting go? Please share them in our comment section.